Thursday, December 9, 2010

Movie Review: A Tale of Mari and the Three Puppies

Let me introduce you to a movie...

How I found it...
I discovered it in the year of 2008 while I was working during the school holidays...
Being away from my hometown I get to shop freely :) It was suppose to be a volunteer job but I ended up with some cash, so I use the cash to buy me some stuff I never get to buy in my hometown(because my mother won't let me buy) Anyways, I was actually looking for the movie about a blind pup(or was it a fox, i know it's a cute animal, it's a lovely story between a boy and that animal). I don't remember the movie title so searched every section for the movie at the video store when I come across this movie... I bought it because the cover was cute and that it has a nice story(but mainly because I love the cute picture on the cover)


The movie title is...
A Tale of Mari and the Three Puppies


At first I thought that Mari was the girl's name until I watch the movie, Mari is actually the mother of the puppies... =_="

It is said to be the hottest film in Japan for the year 2007. Apparently it is based on a true story...
It happened during the 2004 earthquake in Japan...
The story illustrates the mutual trust and love between humans and animals that helps them through ordeal...

Mari really understood her owners. Mari's owner(Aya and Ryota)'s father is allergic to dogs, but Mari really stay close to him until he eventually give in and fall in love with her...
When Aya's grandfather couldn't walk well, Ryota thought it would be a good idea to go find a stick so his grandfather could use it as a cane. It was Mari who found the perfect stick.
When the earthquake first happen, Aya's house collapsed and Aya and her grandfather got stuck in the house. Mari, who knew something bad was gonna happen, try to warn them before the earthquake but they didn't mind the barking. So when Aya and her grandfather was trapped, Mari tried her very best to find her way to them to rescue them even though she was bleeding badly. Then the rescue team go around the village looking for people in need and it was Mari who brought the two man from the rescue team to Aya's house.
It was really sad to see that Mari and her pups have to be left at the village while everyone evacuated because there wasn't enough space in the helicopter.
I was like "THERE IS STILL FREAKING ROOM IN THE HELICOPTER FOR FOUR DOGS!!! WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING THEM?!!"

So Mari chased after the helicopter, not caring about her pups, she went so far, IT WAS FAR!!! She eventually had to stop running after them but IT WAS FAR!!!
Aya and Ryota watched Mari run all the way, they were crying, I WAS CRYING...
Aya's grandfather was lying on the floor of the helicopter because he was injured, BADLY, he was also crying because Mari couldn't be with them. He knew how much Aya loved Mari. So technically he was like in regret-ish.
So Aya and Ryota decided to run away from the emergency hall place to look for Mari...
Aya almost died... *suspense* haha
Oh come on! It has to have a happy ending right? The whole village was so happy with the...

*suspense* haha =_="

-I'm gonna stop here so you would go and watch the movie...-
-I promise this movie is worth it-
-Lovely ending-
I cried a lot in this movie(I'm emotional and sensitive in that way)

Anyways, my review:
I say this movie is worth watching. Lovely story about human and animals. About the understanding and love for one another. It shows that a person would go to the extend length for love(I'm not sure that's how he words to say but you get my point)

Worth watching!!
I give it a 5 star!

Anyways, do tell me what you think after you watch it!!


Have a nice day!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment