Sunday, January 9, 2011

Movie Review: Diary of a Wimpy Kid

This isn't so much of a movie I watched recently, but it was a less than a month duration.

Anyways, I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long long time and finally I get to after my exams when I found the DVD at someone's house...

I didn't like it as much as I thought it would be but I sort of enjoyed it?

haha~~ THE CHEESE!!!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid tells a story of a boy called Greg Heffley. It tells about his first year of middle school and he writes it in his journal and in cartoon form.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is like real life story meets comedy... It show the story of a typical boy who is kinda a loser in school... It's a normal thing. Young boy in school, not popular, not socially good, not academic wise...

It's one of the funny kind of movie but I don't find it that funny but it is funny. Get it? It's sort of funny. I dislike his elder brother though. He's so mean but I like the part where he tricked Greg that he was still standing at the door where he isn't. I like his little brother though. He's so cute. Greg is somewhere in between his elder brother and the younger one. Greg's kinda cute but he is mean too. You see where he doesn't value his friendship with Rowley. He lied so he can get out of trouble and put the blame on his only best friend. Furthermore, he had another friend, Angie but totally ignores her as a friend.
I think this movie can show great value to many others. It shows that friendship is more important than popularity. Popularity doesn't mean you are gonna have friends. It usually means getting fake friends. Get my point? For a person like Greg, if you don't value your friendship, you don't have anything. Even though you may have lame friends but hey, they are your real friends.

My rating: 4 stars

Also, tune in to know when I post my video. I'm doing a cover on the soundtrack.


Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment