Saturday, September 3, 2011

MLM: I got a job offer!/ Confirmation

It's a part time gig at a 7eleven store...
So here's how I so-called "got" it...
Part 1.
I was at the 7eleven store near the church to get a drink. (I usually go get a drink if I feel that I come early for Youth or Sunday Service). Somehow I just happen to look at the magazine section. Normally I would ignore and just have a quick look at that section but today somehow I decided to "stare" at it a little longer. So, I look, and walking towards the drink area and my head just right a bit and there is was, a Gempak comic book stand. I told myself that I was going to stop buying those comic books for the time being because I spent too much on magazines and comic books for the past few months already. It was also because Gempak hasn't produced stories or anime that interested me or capture my eyes but somehow there is this one particular comic book that caught my eye. Love the character drawings(but it has a lame story/joke).
Part 2.
I decided to buy that book, grab a drink and head to the counter. Just so happen that the lady boss was there(well, at least I think she's the boss). Her employee was at the cashier and he was like, Eh, this girl bought this book le.(at least that's what I think he said, I had my earphones on and he kinda nudged her and she came immediately when I wanted to put my wallet into my bag).
She said some things in Cantonese, I was like no no no(cause that's what I do when people talk to me and I didn't hear what the person is saying and feel to bad to ask what the heck the person is saying).
That kind of method doesn't really work. So I asked what she said. Then she say it in Cantonese again, I was still no no no, method not working again. She looked like she wanted a clearer answer so I finally said that I'm sorry I couldn't understand her in English. She asked me what language is this comic book or what language you study, honestly, I wasn't sure what she asked me cause I had my earphones on. All I know is that she asked me and point at the comic book at the same time. I answered BM, even thought I didn't know what the heck she asked.
Part 3.
Then I finally took of my earphones cause she asked the same question twice and I answered the same answer twice and she look like she wasn't sure of my answer.
So, with no music in the way, I heard it right, she asked me what am I doing in this area and after that, whether I want a job. A part-time job. I told her I can't seeing how I don't live near there and it's not convenient for me to go there. Plus, it's a morning shift. I have class from 9-11am everyday, how can I work? I told her that I don't live nearby so I can't work there.
The lady asked me if I had any friends who stay nearby. I said, I have a few.
So, anyone near Cheras area or near Cheras Pantai Hospital who is interested, please go to the 7eleven store and ask for the job.
It's a morning shift.

I think this thing happen because of God. It was just yesterday when I thought about getting a part-time job seeing how my classes are from 9-11am for four days. A friend suggested it to me before but I didn't want it then. I wanted to get a part-time job before I started college because I want the experience and extra money(so I won't feel bad about buying unnecessary things with my mother's money) but I end up deciding not to get a job because Semester 1's schedule was packed and my weekends are reserved for youth and Sunday Service but then my Semester 2's schedule is so free, sure I may be busy in the future, but I need the experience too, and what better time to do it then in the future when Semester 3 or 4 might be more hectic and busy?
It can't be just so happen that I came early to youth(cause I did estimated my time and still ended up coming early). It can't be just so happen that I have a craving for sweet drinks. It can't be just so happen that I decided to look at that section for so long. It can't be just so happen that I saw something that caught my eye and to buy it. It can't be just so happen that the lady boss was there at that time.
So yeah, things happen for a reason and I think God just gave me the confirmation that I can go get a part-time job. It may not be this one, but there are some vacancies near my area. I didn't pray about this but I thought about it for a long time and it seems like a matter that matters a lot. Sometimes God gave me things that I think about hard or long without me even praying about it. So yeah, Thank you God for the confirmation.
Oh ya, had an awesome time at youth today and I feel like today's message meant something to me(a bit), even thought I wasn't quite paying attention(sorry Susana :DDD).

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment